TagsAfrican-American apple Arnold Kling artistry Be the Solution book Bronze Doors Academy Burt Kaufman communities conscious culture creative destruction creativity critical thinking CSMP Daniel Pink Democrats design division of labor education engagement entrepreneurship evaluation evolutionary psychology experience flow Gary Lamb government funding happiness heroism homeschooling human development IMACS innovation IQ Julian Jaynes Ken Robinson Luma Institute Malcolm Gladwell missing institution Montessori MVHS Native American Papert pleasure positive psychology public schools Ready for Work reality tv Reggio Emilia religion SAT school choice schools silicon valley of education Socrates Socratic discussions socratic practice specialization Steve Jobs tai chi talks teachers' unions TED talks TEDx test scores The Missing Institution Thomas Jefferson tragedy tuition tax credits virtue vouchers Waldorf well-being Wozniak yoga
- Are Sweden’s For-Profit Voucher-Funded Schools that Promote Creativity the Future of Learning?
- The Conscious Creation of Culture as the Goal of Education
- Learnable Intelligence and Taking Refined Pedagogical Practices Seriously
- Aligning Value Creation with Profitability Across Society
- If We Had a Way to Increase IQ and Develop the Prefrontal Cortex of Inner City Youth Would We Implement It?
Tag Archives: MVHS
I’ve often said that leading Socratic discussions is my second most favorite activity (apparently some people enjoy exercising more than I do). I’ve had teenagers say, after spending a year in my Socratic classes rather than a regular English class, … Continue reading
After founding Moreno Valley High School in the fall of 2002, in the spring of 2004 I had discovered that I would not be allowed to continue as head of school because of a new law that required that charter … Continue reading